Monday, March 31, 2014

It’s time for…. CAMP NANOWRIMO 2014!


Participant 2014 - Facebook Cover


I will be participating in Camp this year and I have a real goal: this April, I will finish my second round of edits for my NaNoWriMo 2012 Novel and hope to get it out to my Beta readers very soon.


I can’t believe how close I am to finishing my novel!

And I cannot believe how long it is! Right now, it sits at approximately 500 pages. Phew! I didn’t know I had so much to say!  :)

Here is my plan:

1. Finish second round of edits
2. Send it out to Beta readers
3. Finish writing the prequel
4. Edit the prequel
5. Start writing the sequel

I think that I will accomplish 1, 2 and 3 during this month. Well, definitely 1 and 2 will be done and I will definitely continue working on the prequel.

But I am really glad that this is happening during Camp NaNo. I love watching my word count (or “edit count”) go up each day and it is a big motivator to keep going. My word count goal will start at 30,000. I think that's a good number. The great thing about Camp is that I can always adjust my writing/editing goal anytime I want throughout the month.

Are any of you participating in Camp this month? Good luck if you are!

Until next time ~




No comments:

Post a Comment