Friday, December 12, 2014

Friday's Teaser from The Darkest Legacy: Betrayal

ONE DAY LEFT!!
TOMORROW IS 12-13-14
AND IT’S THE RELEASE DAY FOR
THE DARKEST LEGACY: BETRAYAL!!




Title: The Darkest Legacy: Betrayal
Author: Jennifer Lynn Catz
Genre: YA Fantasy
Ages: 12 and up
Release date: December 13, 2014 (12-13-14)
Pages: 300
Content: Clean with mild curse words





Here is today’s teaser:



TEASER

I noticed it was much cooler on this side of the house. That would figure. Mom probably turned down the heat back here to conserve energy. I walked through the wing and entered the servants’ kitchen prep area. It was much colder in here, like I was walking outside on a thirty-five degree evening with no coat. I folded my arms around me to keep some of my body heat from escaping and walked to the end of the kitchen.
That’s when I saw the back door was opened.
No wonder it was cold. Who had left that opened?
It took me a few seconds to realize that no one ever used the old kitchen door and it should never be opened. I spun on my socks to run out of there but suddenly I couldn’t move.
That face from the front window was in front of me!
I opened my mouth to scream but he lunged at me and clamped his hand over my mouth. “Shut up, you little twit!” he whispered hotly into my ear. He went to wrap his arms around my body and I fought against him. Suddenly, my sock clad feet slid out from under me and I crashed to the ground. The man’s arms were wrapped around me and he fell on my right arm. I started pummeling him incessantly with my left fist, trying to wiggle and scream while he kept his hand tightly over my mouth.
“Stop fighting me!” he managed to say as he tried to evade my fist.

I switched my position and started kicking him anywhere I could reach. I kicked him in the leg and the thigh before I swung my leg up to kick him in the stomach. Seeing my leg coming at him, he shifted his body and threw his leg over mine, stopping all of my movements from the lower half of my body.


Don’t forget to comment on this blog post below to win your autographed bookmarks from me! Remember, you must comment on each blog post from December 10-13 to win. That’s it! If you missed the posts from Wednesday and Thursday, the links are below.  :)

December 13, 2014 – (The DarkestLegacy: Betrayal Release Day!, coming soon)

Feel free to share the information about my debut novel!

You can also find me on the following sites


Release day is tomorrow!!


Until next time ~ 

1 comment:

  1. I'm first! I like the teaser. I want to know what will happen to that character and that guy.
    Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete