Monday, December 10, 2012

Loopy and Dysfunctional

Ugh!

I have been sick with this awful cold for the past few days and it is driving me crazy! I've got a plastic shopping bag filled with used tissues sitting next to me and an almost empty box of Puffs (the regular tissues - I do not like slightly slimy lotion version). My throat is sore, I sound like a scary old lady, I got the coughs, the multiple sneezes, the headaches, the eye aches and the raw nose. Get this - this is always fun - I have one nostril that can breathe just fine and the other one is both congested and runny at the same time! What a hoot! If I could find a way to tape the dysfunctional nostril closed, I would certainly try it. At least I would be able to breathe again! This one nostril, mouth breathing exercise is making my lips awfully dry and my throat constantly sore.

I've also been downing the cheap versions of DayQuil and NyQuil and my head is quite loopy from the medications and the illness. If I turn my head very quickly, objects become unfocused and I swear I see white blurs.

How does one write like this?!

If I close my eyes, I feel like I'm about to topple over (in fact, I almost did that last night while carrying my cat around in the living room). It wasn't a fun experience for me or for my cat! A word of caution: Do not carry anything precious while you are experiencing a dizzy spell. Put the precious cargo down immediately and then fall at your own risk.

Writing is extremely difficult write now (including this blog). I feel like I'm swimming underwater and my fingers are slow moving extensions from someone else's body. It's difficult for me to focus on anything that actually requires concentration. Forget reading! Forget writing! My word count has been so low these past few days and I've now dubbed myself as the Incompetent Loopy Literatus (ILL for short).

Like my main character, I need a nap. It's like heaven when my eyes close and my head touches the soft pillow. Maybe my word count will improve tomorrow? I can be Writing Effectively Like Literatus (or WELL). There's always hope...

Until next time ~


Incompetent Loopy Literatus (ILL)

No comments:

Post a Comment