Sunday, May 18, 2014

Writing Doesn't Have To Be Solitary



Hello! Today has been a fun day for me.

As a writer, I tend to get stuck in my story world and forget that there are other people out there that are just like me: writers and novelists who spend lots of their free time dreaming up fictional worlds.

Today I broke out of that mold and decided that it was time to pull my head out of my pages and actually interact with other writers.

And let me tell you, it was GREAT! I hadn’t had the opportunity to attend any writing conferences in a while and I forgot how much I had missed this – missed talking about books, the characters, reading, writing and sharing.

I met some very interesting authors today and I can’t wait to follow their stories and their worlds (fictional and realistic).

So, even though it’s the middle of May, I am making a new goal for myself: I will interact with at least five authors a week and make connections with other people in the world of reading and writing. 

How about you? How often do you peek out into the Land of Interaction and talk to the living humans? Do you find it difficult to make those connections (time-wise or other reasons)? Do you only venture out when it’s absolutely necessary or do you schedule time in your day?

On that note, I am going to climb into bed and read a new book I just bought from a new author I just met.

Have an enjoyable evening!

Until next time


No comments:

Post a Comment